Sunday, March 16, 2014

10 Day Challenge - Day 6

Care too much you get hurt, care too little you lose them.  But even if you are careful you can’t stop yourself from caring for the people in your life. I can’t remember of how it was instilled in me, but I have always heard my mother say even as a toddler I cared and wouldn’t eat anything without asking if everyone else had eaten. That was 25 years ago. Now I gobble up everything and don’t leave anything for anyone. I like to believe I am a caring person, even though most times I act like I don’t give a damn. I care about all the nice people in my world, to pick just five out of the lot is injustice.

    1.       Needless to say,I care about my family. We may not see eye to eye, we may have our share of tiffs, we may take each other for granted but it is all based on a tacit understanding that FAMILY is  for keeps; that any limb you climb out off, will still be there later for you to climb back. I may have given them a lot to endure, when I lived life on my own terms. That was not my intention; I just wanted them to come to terms with it. I may not say it to them often but I do care, and like any daughter I respect what they have done for me.

     2.       When your better half is also your best friend you care too much to let go. It is obvious isn’t it? You don’t decide to spend the rest of your life with a person you don’t care about.   

       3.       My second family, Friends. Like they say "Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what". And that is exactly what friends do. Friends play a paramount role in my life. I reach out to them more often than I do with my family.  I care for each and every one of them and would take that extra mile to be there for them whenever in need.

         4.       In another two months I start my journey with TFI.  Some people say it is a life changing experience, some that it is backbreaking and not a cakewalk. But one thing that keeps echoing in my ears, is what my interviewer told me “In the beginning, you are going to fail with your students EVERY DAY, you are going to fail until you find your way”. I already care about the students who are going to be an integral part of my life for the next two years. Teachers play a significant role in molding a child’s life and I really hope I succeed and can make a difference in a few lives.


           5.    What about people who don’t fall in any of these categories? I still care. For my extended family, for my neighbors, For people in crisis, For somebody’s loss , For any victim who has suffered brutality, For survivors of a natural calamity , For those whose sufferings I hear or read about.  I am compassionate, empathetic and considerate. I may not reach out to comfort them, or send a huge cheque their way but if it is in my hands to be by their side I would. It is during such times that we need to reinforce the belief that we are benevolent, that humanity still exists. A small act of caring can turn lives around. 

If you are wondering what it is I don't care about then, it is what people think about me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment