Thursday, July 5, 2012

"It is two weeks since i arrived, I have settled at office, found a place to stay, and am all set to start life here.I have been trying to figure out if i miss home, if i miss Chennai, but ever since i have been here i just feel numb, a kind of apathy.
I do like it here though. From whatever i have seen and experienced i feel Pune is a city that loves its people and provides exactly what the crowd wants, Be it a 24hr CCD, or the numerous food joints or the easily accessible road side beer joints, or the shopping arcades. A friend of mine has been kind enough to keep me company most days and show me around a lot of places. So far so good!! " - Now this has been lying in my Drafts for the last 6 Months. So i thought why not post one on how my last 6 months at Pune has been.

--The New Year began with my moving to Pune. So it was the time to explore new places around here. My first was of course FC and JM Road. Had the Famous CAD-B, and stuffed Parathas at Chaitanya. Hidden Place at KP was interesting too, the first time I saw beer being served in towers, haven’t seen them in Chennai before. Oh and the lasagna’s served here is mouth-watering. Then there was a visit from Gita. We went to the 24 hours CCD at Chandini chowk. I had never imagined myself at CCD at 2:00 am in the morning. :) We were quivering in the cold and wondering how the girls in minis were dealing with it ;) The next day I had accompanied her to Malaka Spice with her friends. Her friend had picked out amazing options for us and also gave us a tour of KP. That’s where the famous OSHO Ashram is hence foreigners clad in those maroon robes are a common sight. ABC farms at KP is good too :) Loved Shisha-Jazz Café, I have been there twice, the ambience is good and the best thing about it is the décor, loved those divans with Persian carpets. Of course the only thing missing is the ‘Hookah’. The place might have been even better before the ban. Should thank one of my friends for suggesting it. There was a trip to GOA too in JAN. I celebrated my 25th birthday at the beaches of GOA. Staying at GOA you just tend to inherit the spirit of Goans. Carefree and full of life. But it surely it’s a place to go only in large numbers.

-Feb was equally interesting. I went on a drive to Mumbai to visit my cousin nd family. The Mumbai-pune express way is always a nice experience. And there is something about Mumbai, I have never been able to point a finger at what it is, but Kuch toh hai..A banglore trip with the Chennai gumbal ! :) Almost everyone made it. We had just one night in hand but still we had a lot of fun. I had moved in to a rented apartment by then, and was trying to feel at home. The thing with moving in with strangers is that for the first few days you try to judge them and they try to judge you. Nobody expects you to bond, to him to himself that’s the motto. The end of Feb somebody tried to give me a surprise visit which failed miserably:) But I would say keep trying!! ;)

-Remember Saif of LAK where he gets his dream job and is all glee about everything in life and then it all drops. March was of that for me. I kinda felt it all falling apart. But they say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. So yeah I have my share of ups and downs in life but I am more guarded now and stronger, or so I like to believe.

-April there was a visit to Chennai, had a friend’s function to attend. Worked from Chennai for a week. It felt nice to be back in the familiar territory. Loved those long breaks and lunch hours which I miss at Pune. Oh and I also began to enjoy Hookah after this trip :) I went over to a couple’s place. I have never been around a married couple before that, but this was fun too :) And must say they are a lovely couple. At Pune we also went to a European short film festival. Though the movie we saw made no sense the rest of the evening was fun at Shisha. And I saw someone drunk for the first time. Also paid a visit to the Fashion street here at MG road. If your looking for Kurtis for a reasonable price this is the place. But only if your not on the healthy side. They have just medium sized stuff. Same for the guys :) Resonably priced T-shirts, duplicates of any brand u will find it here. Western for girls not that great, footwear yes!!

-May was impulsive. I just did things on an impulse. Decided to give someone a surprise and Boy he was ;) I guess I taught someone how a surprise should be. If I had a graph for energy levels May would have been the month with most fluctuations. I also learnt that you could never ever be friends with your X.( the serious ones) It is just better to let go!! There would always be those little moments that sways you back to the past, then just throw some light and love in that direction and get it over with.It will change, everything always does. And again on an impulse there was something planned for Dec, something major. But the June happened and for now there is nothing major goin to happen in Dec.
There were quite a few night uts with my room mates. Disc at Mariot was good. Decent crowd entry free for the girls before 10, but the dance numbers start only after 11. Food at SOHO was commendable but the disc was really bad, crowd just goes crazy and starts dancing by throwing their hands and legs in the air occupying the entire space, and it wasnt a decent crowd the day we decided to go.
-June was goin to be a fitness month for me. I had started with waking up early in the morning and jogging at the park near my place. The park faces a river that flows at the end of the street. If not for the smell from the river, the place would have been so scenic. I had started a diet too- no outside food and fruits for dinner. Did yoga too for a week. And then my signature step happened. This is falling off a step and twisting my ankle. I already had one bad ankle now I have two. There went my jogging and yoga down the drain. I still follow the fruit diet though. And I have already lost 3 Kgs..So Yay!! There was a short bangalore trip too :) Oh I also went to the cinemas alone! :) Watched Shangai and I liked it..I don’t prefer to talk while watching a movie so I really dint miss out on company, but Yes during the interval I was a bit uncomfortable about sitting there alone. Anyways after moving to Pune there are a lot of things that I have enjoyed doing alone be it shopping , or checking out a restaurant n most weekends I like it when the whole house is left to me alone. That is the only time I feel at home. The place i like the most in Pune is KP..Love the boutiques here. They offer amazing line of clothes.. I also liked the Koregoan park plaza too bad it got burned down in the accident :| t had shoppers stop and globus and every other store in the same complex and Thank god i wasnt shopping then! :P

So this has been my 6 months stint at Pune. There hasn’t been a lot happening yet, I hope to compensate in the next 6. There is French and Jive classes. There would be monsoons and trekking hopefully. And there are two trips I am looking forward to in the coming months. Goa again and the forever-planning Europe trip! :) And a lot of weddings in Nov and Dec..

3 comments:

  1. Yo Girl... I really wish you have enthralling experiences in the forth coming months :) Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, a nice recollection of the very eventful 6 months :) Now here is one post that you can come back after years and read and re-live! :)

    ReplyDelete